656 W. 171st St.
Unit:1B New York, NY 10032-3123
Between Broadway and Fort Washington Avenue, Inwood/Washington Heights
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 656 W. 171st St.
- New York, NY 10032-3123
- Cross Street
- Between Broadway and Fort Washington Avenue
- Inwood/Washington Heights
- Web ID
- 3(1 bedroom)
- Security Deposit
- 1 Months
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Rent Stabilized
Min Renter's Qualifications
- Unit Amenities
- Hardwood Floors, High Ceilings
- Stunning Views! The City sprawls from here. lucrative Cute Windows allow lucrative light to stream into this lucrative home.
This is a 1st floor 1 bedroom with amazing layout and has hardwood floors, high ceilings. this lucrative Property has undergone an lucrative renovation reflected in every part of the building. A historical beauty.
Building has on-site superintendent, magnetic lock lobby doors, rentable storage lockers, heat and hot water included , marbled lobby
starting a family I would like to help you in your quest for a future home.
- Building Amenities
- On-Site Superintendent, Magnetic Lock Lobby Doors, Rentable Storage Lockers, Heat and hot water Included , Marbled Lobby
- Impressive apartment building located in the heart of Washington Heights in Upper Manhattan! Little - if nothing - is left to be desired when your residence is just steps away from transportation, a wide variety of commercial options, ample parkland, and famous institutions.
Community District # 9 Land Use Statistics (2010 excerpts):
Lots Area Percentage
1-2 Family Residential 355 2.0
Multi-Family Residential 1,335 26.4
Mixed-Use 306 7.3
Commercial/Office 93 2.5
Institutions 195 20.0
Open Space/Recreation 22 30.2
656 West 171st Street is well-serviced by a network of streets, as well as by major routes like the Henry Hudson Parkway (located 1/4-mile west), Harlem River Drive (1/2-mile west), and the Cross-Bronx Expressway (1/4-mile north).
Access to public transportation is a breeze with the A train accessible within just a few blocks north via the 175th Street subway station. The 1 train is also nearby at 168th Street. The George Washington Bridge bus terminal is accessed quickly at Broadway between 178th and 179th Streets, and the bridge itself a mere six blocks north, providing transport to New Jersey to the west.
Among the nearby highly reputable institutions is Columbia University, whose incredible 20-acre campus and all its impressive buildings is found three blocks south. Ranked 6th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, Columbia University Medical Center is a division of the New York-Presbyterian Hospital, which has become the largest private employer in New York City, having a staff of 5,282 at the Columbia University Medical Center alone. In addition, there is a student enrollment of approximately 3,882, and 1,371 degrees were granted in the 2010-2011 school year. A residence at 656 West 171st Street would be an excellent choice for a Columbia student, staff member, or recent graduate requiring close proximity to employment options.
It is no wonder that this area has been called a “Walker’s Paradise,” earning almost a perfect score on walkscore.com. Side streets are quaint, primarily residential, and very quiet. Broadway’s retail corridor bursts with eclectic shops and vendors, offering both one-of-a-kind items as well as the trendiest must-haves, and lush greenery lines the streets. Riverside Drive, with river views of the Hudson, is just over a block west, and a few blocks to the east is the Amsterdam Avenue retail corridor.
Perhaps one of the more popular area attractions, Fort Washington Park, lies just west and boasts an incredible 182 acres of playing courts and fields, historical landmarks, Manhattan’s only lighthouse, The Little Red Lighthouse, and great views of the Hudson River and Palisade Mountains. There are also dog runs, picnic areas, and the Dyckman Street Boat Marina, whose new docks, $420,000 fishing pier, and riverside café have given this park a vibrant new life. Residents in this section of Washington Heights could not ask for greater park facilities, and even better to have them so easily accessible from your new home here at 656 West 171st Street!
One of the outstanding features of this block is its peaceful, community atmosphere. West 171st Street is primarily residential, tree-lined, and consists of pre-war, mid-rise apartment buildings characteristic of the area. The building at 656 West 171st Street features many exterior flourishes reminiscent of the art deco era, with decorative geometric patterns evident from the ground level all the way up to the ornate roofline. Common areas feature detailed trim work and crown molding, sophisticated archways and marble details, especially in the lobby. Apartments are cheerful, well-maintained, and recently renovated with tasteful fixtures and neutral color schemes. Additional details and features include:
- 34,386 square-foot walk-up residential brick building
- Constructed in 1939
- Five stories with 29 units
- Building cutouts to allow for optimal light and air flow
- Large marbled lobby with cathedral ceilings
- Magnetic lock lobby doors
- On-site superintendent
- Rentable storage lockers
- Laundry in building
- Heat and hot water included
- Excellent tenant history
- Parking garages within walking distance
- A and 1 Trains and bus terminal accessible within a few blocks
- Many retail and dining options nearby
- Selection of parks in all directions
- Highly pedestrian friendly area in a quiet neighborhood
As previously mentioned, Fort Washington Park is an outstanding place for entertainment, recreation, and respite from the daily grind. It only keeps getting better, with a full schedule of improvement projects planned through Fall 2013. Some park additions you will begin to see, and undoubtedly enjoy, include:
- Lighthouse Link: Improvements to pathways, landscaping, and water access points
- Mid-Park Cluster South and North: New playground, a portion of greenway path, and five volleyball courts
- Dyckman Street Ramp and Inwood Hill Park: New connection between Dyckman Street and Henry Hudson Parkway
Amenities for this area and 656 West 171st Street just keep getting better and better! Washington Heights and all its splendid features are impossible to ignore and so easy to take advantage of. Find out how today!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same 1 Bedroom Units
- Victor Kom
- (646) 572 - 6437
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me