8230 Frankford Avenue
Unit:ST05 Philadelphia, PA 19136-2306
Btwn Stanwood St & Solly Ave, Philadelphia
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 8230 Frankford Avenue
- Philadelphia, PA 19136-2306
- Cross Street
- Btwn Stanwood St & Solly Ave
- Web ID
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Ceiling Height
- Fantastic retail location with immediate access to Northeast Philadelphia’s neighborhood of Frankford! The heavy traffic traversing this commercial corridor consists largely of homeowners that live in the primarily residential outlying areas, all eager to be patrons of the lively Holmesburg Plaza!
Area 3.4 sq. miles 135 sq. miles
Population 37,586 1,526,006
Population Density 10,966/sq. mile 11,234/sq. mile
Trade Area Population* 33,983 1,414,086
*Based on 2010 Projection Statistics
This plaza is located on a major corridor within the heart of the Frankford neighborhood. The area is well-served by many access routes; for example, the Cottman Avenue exit off Interstate 95 is less than two miles away, and Roosevelt Boulevard, another major route, is just accessible in just over two miles. Frankford Avenue is served consistently by the El train, accessible at the Frankford Transportation Center, Margaret-Orthodox station, and the Church Street station. Holmesburg Plaza also has immediate access to bus lines, with the closest being located at Frankford and Solly Avenue.
The highly walkable sidewalks allow the area residents to reach Holmesburg Plaza easily by foot, especially since the surrounding neighborhood is primarily residential. Right next door is Frankford Terrace, a large apartment complex, and there are also many well-maintained single and multi-family homes in the immediate vicinity. A relatively large percentage of consumers within this trade area are homeowners (60.5 percent), translating to neighbors that have a higher vested interest in the community, its upkeep, and purchasing property maintenance-related goods and services. Patrons are naturally drawn to Holmesburg Plaza for its convenient accessibility, since it is one of the few shopping destinations with adequate parking within this section of Frankford Avenue.
Also within the immediate area of – and driving traffic to – Holmesburg Plaza are churches and small businesses that support the community’s specific needs. The Emmanuel-Resurrection Episcopal Church of Holmesburg, located at 8201 Frankford Avenue and established in 1831, is known for its many colorful and well-crafted stained glass. A division of Nazareth Hospital is a block north on Stanwood Street, and The Wedding Chapel is just down the street at 8100 Frankford Avenue. The Chapel is located in a historic 18th century house, performs weddings every day of the year, and hosts an Open House every Saturday from 10-1 p.m. that invites the public to view its full-service wedding facility.
Pennypack Park is a major attraction just steps away from Holmesburg Plaza. Its 1,395 acres stretches nine miles, beginning at the Delaware River and ending at the Montgomery County border. The park offers both paved and unpaved trails, athletic fields, and a bandstand that features free concerts during the warmer months.
Holmesburg Plaza attracts a large amount of traffic, both because of its convenient location and its close proximity to residential neighborhoods. Residents of this community can easily walk to the plaza and those traveling by vehicle can always count on parking, with spaces for dozens of cars.
Building Features and Highlights:
- One-story masonry retail strip
- 10,500 square feet total
- Built in 1970
- Attractive, well-maintained exterior with decorative trim and pleasant color schemes
- Highly noticeable sign opportunities at street and front of units
- Adequate exterior lighting
- Bright glass storefront
- Carpeted interior
- Move-in Ready
- Excellent Tenant History
- Ideal uses include daycare, toy or discount store, tax preparation or other professional services, deli or small eatery, market, doctor’s office
- Current tenants include United States Post Office
- High traffic location in primarily residential area
As mentioned, Pennypack Park is a popular attraction not far from Holmesburg Plaza. The summer months are even busier, with the free concerts that are held Wednesday nights from 7 to 9:30 pm. Bands playing the 2012 schedule included:
- June 13th, Guns ‘n Roses tribute band “November Rain”
- May 16th, “Steal Your Face,” a Grateful Dead tribute band, and Father Judge Jazz Band and Drum Line
- May 23rd, “Think Pink Floyd,” a Pink Floyd tribute band
- May 30th, “Jimmy and the Parrots,” a tribute to Jimmy Buffet
Of all the business locations, this one in Northeast Philadelphia takes the cake! A wide variety of potential uses would be perfect here, so call to see if we have a space to suit yours!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same Bedrooms Units
- Victor Kom
- (646) 381 - 3692
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me